S. Maria di Licodia

S. Maria di Licodia (442 m asl) is named after the Benedictine abbey of the Norman period (12th century), which was rebuilt in 1648 and today is the headquarters of the City Hall. The near church of SS. Crocifisso is interesting since it is made of two churches located side by side: the church of St. Joseph on the left and the church of SS. Crocifisso on the right, with a low bell tower of the end of the Middle Age (1154).