The Ammiraglio Bridge is located at Corso dei Mille in Palermo. It is the artistic expression of the Norman period. Built in 1113 by Giorgio Antiocheno, the admiral of king Roger II, it is a bridge with twelve arches, where in the past the water of the Oreto river flowed; the river was called Wadi Al Abas during the Arab period. It is the symbol of the Risorgimento for Palermo: at this bridge, on the night of the 26th of May 1860 from the Gibilrossa slopes, after a hard battle, the troops led by Garibaldi defeated the Bourbon troops, who were defending the town.
No visit itineraries are provided.
Address: Corso dei Mille, Palermo
The Bridge is visible from the street